Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Life has been difficult

Life has been difficult. Whose life isn't?


I have enrolled into a so-called prestigious just-turned-into university-college status institution - with a screwed up full-franchise UK programme. All the results are closely monitored so the lecturer's ass would not be fried in the board meeting in every semester.

Situation 1
"Sir, my assignment is marked 79%. Is there anything I could improve to get better mark?"
"No, I actually think your assignment is very, very good enough already."
[then why the heck you're not giving me 85% ? #$^%$&#XO]

Situation 2
"Sir, after I have amended the draft copy, do you think I can score this assignment?"
"Errrrrrr...it's good enough already...errrrr...don't worry sure you can get 70 above."
"Do you think I can achieve 79 like the previous assignment?"
"Cannot leh..this time it's a group assignment. You see I can't give out so many high marks. Otherwise I would be questioned during the board meeting."
[oh really? so i heard of...]


Situation 3
"Sir, is there any way that I can do the group assignment by my own. I wanna go solo."
"Why?"
"There's too much conflicts between us. The assignment just keeps stalling and stalling."
"You can't. It's already written clearly in the guidelines. This assignment is meant to be done by group. If I let you do it by yourself. I would be questioned during the board meeting and my sorry ass would be fried by the mat sallehs"
[what? again?]

Situation like this happened too often. I know a handful of my classmates would whispering among themselves "what a demanding freak am I." I am so tired of working so hard and not getting what I think I deserve.

My point is - the mark is NOT significantly influenced by your hard work Or smart work OR whatever you deserve.

The mark is significantly influenced by the "frying ass" factor. As long as the lecturer's ass will be safe, then they can give me the safe "maximum" mark which is NOT more than 80.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday, my group members ganged up on me.

3 against 1.

Lose-lose situation for me.

While my college life is soon to be over in 40+ days, God is giving me a taste "how does it like to work in the jungle out there?" For God's sake, I have been working since 18 and I have never met such (*sigh) smart, shrewd, selfish people from such different diversities.

Can it be more worse?

I must persevere....

No comments: